- The Journal Times laid off eight employees. They're looking for a circulation director.
- The La Crosse Tribune laid off 10 employees. They're looking for a packing center team leader.
- The Muscatine Journal laid off at least 4 employees. They're looking for a copy editor/designer.
- The Billings Gazette laid off 8 employees. Within the last seven days, they've added a job posting for someone in circulation. They already had a posting for an obit clerk.
- The Sentinel in Hartford laid off 12 employees. They're looking for an artist and a reporter.
- The St. Louis Post-Dispatch laid off 39 people. They're looking for three ad reps, two web directors, a sales manager, a computer tech and a financial analyst.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Lee Enterprises has been laying off employees. Why, then, are there still job postings on its website?