Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lee sold stake in St. Louis Cardinals

Back in December, I complained that Lee was laying off people, but still owned 4 percent interest in the St. Louis Cardinals. Well, it looks like they did -- in another super-secret deal. A brief on Page 2 of the Jan. 21 Sporting News Today said Lee sold its stake in the team last summer for $14 million to $25 million.

The other super-secret deal: That plane fiasco. I still don't know what Lee sold that plane for, but it should have been millions.

(E-mail tip -- thanks.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got my proxy statement for the March 10 shareholders meeting in the mail today for the four shares of Lee I kept after I quit my paper and bailed out two years ago at $37 a share. I know they have to mail it, but the postage they paid far exceeded the value of my four shares.
With glee, I'm sending my proxy back -- again at their expense -- and voting against the stock split.
Just doing my small part to end the gravy train for these criminal corporate officers and the idiots on the board of directors.

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to a January 18 mention of the Cardinals sale, as well: link